Monday 4 March 2013

DO NOT READ THIS AT BEDTIME!

So book number 7 is one not to be read just before falling asleep (as I did)
This review contains spoilers so if you do want to read the book don't read the end section (it's safe to read the part after the **)
#7 Light Shining in the Forest by Paul Torday

I love crime thrillers, there's nothing better than a good detective novel or an episode of CSI! It's my favoured form of brain numbing. This book is written by the same author who wrote Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, that now mildly famous film. I haven't read it but i'd heard good things, so when I saw he had written a thriller and it was on offer on Kindle, I purchased it. I couldn't put it down, it's an absolute page turner, and whilst it was no surprise whodunit I devoured it!
The book revolves around the statistic that every 5 minutes a child in Britain goes missing. A small percentage of those children are never found again; most are runaways, but some children that are suspected to be runaways may not be...

*SPOILER ALERT*
Do not read this book at night. I read the last fifth in one sitting at bedtime- couldn't stop till I put it down, but the taxidermy and embalmment of children is something you do not want to be in your head before dreaming!
*END OF SPOILERS*

I give this book a 3.5/5 because there were some elements that I just felt didn't really work.

No comments: