Thursday 26 July 2012

The Italian Job: Il Pirata



I recently paid a visit to one of Belfast’s best kept (relatively new) secrets. Il Pirata in Ballyhackamore, situated in the building that once housed KFC, is without a doubt the finest Italian I have had in Belfast.
We’ve come a long way with what we can offer as a city in the past few years and the standard of eateries has not been left behind in these improvements. Belfast now boasts a culture, arts and food scene to rival any European City, but we still hold that grotty charm that I love about this place.


Il Pirata is an authentic Italian restaurant that serves far more than pizza and pasta, I would highly recommend the polenta chips, they were scrumptious. On offer are a range of ‘small plates’ and main courses. The menu has plenty of choice without being too crowded and the portion size was good (though I would suggest ordering a side with the main meal)
I had the salmon and it was delicious, perfectly cooked and the flesh just flaked off and almost melted in my mouth. Everyone else in my party of 7 was also impressed with their dishes of choice. The atmosphere was casual and the wait staff were attentive and could offer good advice about what to order. (it took forever to get the bill though)
I will definitely be back to this restaurant and I am so glad that Belfast is finally coming into its own as a city and 2012 has most certainly been ‘our time, our place’. Get used to the increased numbers of tourists wandering about with cameras because I have a feeling we are only going to be seeing more of them!
#comeonourweeland

4 comments:

style hub said...

I had the salmon too with the rosemary and garlic potatoes - so good! The choc hazelnut cake is really great too!

Anonymous said...

Went for dinner on Friday night and had the chicken liver ragu with fresh pasta, so lovely and rich. Il Pirata junkies seem to be multiplying!

Anonymous said...

Hi KT, I love your blog so I have nominated you for a lovely blog award, check it out here: http://debbiereajohnston.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/lovely-bloggers/

Heather said...

Hi KT...i linked you to a wee post of mine here:

http://thelittleforeverthings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/little-list.html