Wednesday 21 December 2011

Spiced Parsnip Soup

My house smells divine! I have just made the most delicious spiced parsnip soup... If I do say so myself

from

to...



RECEPIE
300g of chopped Parsnips
150g chopped Potato
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
50g butter
1 Tablespoon Curry powder
1.2 Litres of vegetable stock
1 block creamed coconut

Method
1. Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes without browning
2. Add the stock, chopped potatoes, parsnips, creamed coconut and curry powder
3. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until parsnips are tender
4. Blend the soup until smooth

I garnished mine with a little double cream and some tobacco onions (fry a thinly chopped onion coated in flour and paprika)

It was YUMMY! A real winter warmer treat!

No comments: